The aesthetic of a home is determined by the level of organization, as well as cleanliness. A clean house has positive impacts on well-being by promoting focus and reducing stressors. Many people dedicate a day during their week to decluttering and performing a thorough cleaning of their space. In many of those instances, a house cleaning checklist is utilized to save time and stay productive throughout the day.
If you have not yet tried organizing a checklist for cleaning the house, this might be the time to try one. There is a level of satisfaction that ensues after checking off items on a to-do list. Checklists have proven benefits of improving productivity due to the organizational thought process that is put into the list. It eliminates confusion and introduces structure into activities. In addition, it removes overwhelming feelings that can arise when there is no organization.
This article gives you a guided weekly house cleaning checklist that allows you to visualize each area of your home independently and create a clear and concise cleaning list.
House Cleaning Checklist for Living Room
Your home cleaning checklist should have a thorough guide for the living room. This is often the largest area of the home in clear view to visitors. Many families also spend a lot of time together in the living room, making it one of the most important areas of the home.
Aside from having a presentable space, cleaning the living space will improve air quality and relay freshness. Take the time to declutter the living space by removing unnecessary items, reducing accumulated mess, and re-organizing decorative pieces. This room should have a welcoming vibe.
- Declutter living space
- Clean window glass
- Wipe windowsills
- Wash &/or spot-clean decorative pillows
- Wash blankets and throws
- Dust & clean upholstery
- Dust & clean ceiling fans & chandelier
- Wipe TV stands and counters
- Wipe TV surface
- Spot-clean walls
- Vacuum and mop the floor
Supplies To Clean Living Room
House Cleaning Checklist For Dining Room
This is an important space to tackle in your checklist for house cleaning. Food is introduced here a lot of times; therefore, it is necessary to always maintain this area clean.
Food crumbs can also escape and make their way to the floors of your dining room, which can invite insects. A focus clean in this area, not only ensures freshness but keeps pests away.
- Declutter the dining area and table
- Thoroughly clean table and chairs
- Wipe and disinfect placemats & decorative items
- Spot-clean the wall surrounding the dining area
- Vacuum & mop dining room floors
Supplies For the Dining Room
House Cleaning Checklist For Kitchen
An organized checklist for cleaning will not be complete without the inclusion of the kitchen. The kitchen houses different appliances in the home that need regular cleaning to promote freshness in your home.
Your health, as well as that of your home, depends on all its areas, with the kitchen playing a vital role. Food storage and handling occur in the kitchen; therefore, taking steps to avoid bacterial and pollutant accumulation is important.
- Put away dishes
- Clean dishwasher
- Re-organize kitchen drawers & cabinets
- De-clutter and organize the pantry
- Wipe & Sanitize kitchen cabinet interiorly & exteriorly
- Clean microwave (Here is a helpful step-by-step microwave cleaning hack)
- Wipe down & clean stovetop
- Scrub & clean oven and oven racks
- Remove expired food items from the refrigerator
- Remove & wash crisper drawers
- Clean and sanitize the refrigerator
- Wipe & sanitize kitchen counter & surfaces
- Thoroughly wipe down kitchen walls
- Vacuum and mop floor
Supplies for The Kitchen
House Cleaning Checklist for Laundry Room
Weekly dusting and wiping of laundry room surfaces eliminate dust particle accumulation. Your washer and dryer also need to be cleaned to avoid buildup.
Focusing on this area of your home improves, not only the appearance but also increases the longevity of your appliances. Properly cleaning and managing appliances also ensures cleaner clothes. Your weekly cleaning checklist should be equipped with a planned way to efficiently tackle this area of your home.
- Separate clothing in laundry basket by color
- Organize & restock laundry necessities
- Clean washing machine
- Remove lint from dryer lint trap
- Wipe dust and debris from washer/dryer surfaces
- Sanitize laundry room surfaces
- Clean laundry room sink
- Vacuum and mop floor
Supplies for The Laundry Room
House Cleaning Checklist for The Bedroom
This is where you rest and spend your nights, so making sure to keep this space neat and tidy is important to improve relaxation.
House cleaning checklists are helpful in dividing different areas of the bedroom, so you are not overwhelmed by the space you are cleaning. Your bedroom will be fresher and brighter by following this guide.
- De-clutter bedroom space
- Remove bedding & wash linens
- Freshen up mattress (If you are using this method, you can clean your mattress monthly instead of weekly)
- Wipe and dust headboard
- Remove curtains & wash
- Clean glass window and frame
- Dust windowsills
- Organize closet and dresser spaces
- Wipe TV surface
- Wipe and sanitize all bedroom surfaces
- Vacuum carpet and rugs
- Mop floor
Supplies For the Bedroom
Bathroom House Cleaning Check List
This was saved as the last area to clean for good reasons. The grime, the crevices, and the thoughts of germs just make this process a possibly unbearable one. Most people dread cleaning the bathroom and it is completely understandable. Consider these cleaning hacks for deep cleaning your bathroom to make the process less tedious.
When creating a checklist detailing how to clean everything in your house, the bathroom needs to be included unfortunately or probably fortunately for health reasons. This checklist will make tackling the bathroom easier and can prevent you from completely disregarding it.
For the bathroom, a biweekly cleaning schedule can be best depending on the frequency of use. Also, using antibacterial wipes on surfaces daily can improve your weekly cleaning process. So, let’s snap the gloves on and get into this bathroom checklist, shall we?
- Free bathroom space of clutter
- Re-organize bathroom drawers & cabinets
- Wipe bathroom drawers and cabinets interiorly & exteriorly
- Clean tub and bathroom sink
- Clean shower glass doors
- Scrub shower tiles and pan
- Clean & sanitize the shower head
- Wipe and sanitize bathroom faucets
- Squeegee mounted mirror
- Clean & sanitize the toilet thoroughly
- Sanitize all bathroom surfaces
- Vacuum and mop floor