Bacteria and viruses can congregate on bathroom surfaces, which is why it is extremely important to clean and disinfect your bathroom. Aside from the health risks that can result from not properly cleaning your bathroom, you can also be exposed to fetid odors and unsightly stains. Cleaning hacks for bathroom surfaces save time and provide you with the most efficient ways to target different areas.
Bathrooms can be visited quite frequently, especially for those who share their home with others. In addition, moisture retention can occur due to the damp environment likely to result from water activity. This can lead to the formation of mold & mildew in the bathroom, which can become a health concern. You do not have to worry about exposure to these health risks as well as odors with these cleaning hacks for bathroom surfaces.
To prevent the growth and spread of harmful bacteria, you need to employ effective cleaning techniques. Sometimes, bathroom stains and soap scums can be harder to eliminate when not properly targeted. In this article, you will find creative cleaning hacks for bathroom fixtures & surfaces for a fresher smell.
Cleaning Hacks For Bathroom Mirror
A clean mirror contributes to the overall appearance of the bathroom. The Myspace era may have subsided, but bathroom selfies are still many people’s favorites.
To get those beautiful shots minus the dirty mirror, add these items to your cleaning product list.
Add a squeegee to your cleaning routine.
- Simply spray your favorite solution onto the mirror.
- Wipe it down with a squeegee.
- Make sure to wipe from top to bottom in a zigzag pattern.
- Wipe from top to bottom in a zigzag pattern.
Cleaning Hacks For Bathroom Wall
These are oftentimes forgotten areas because it does not require frequent cleaning. When deep cleaning, you should focus on them. Walls can accumulate dirt and stains over time.
First, test this on a small area to avoid paint removal.
- Use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for those hard stains on your walls.
- Prepare a solution of warm water and dish solution.
- Saturate your sponge mop and make sure to wring out excess water.
- Use it to clean your entire wall.
Faucets & Showerheads
Calcium deposits can form yellow/orange stains &/or buildup around your faucets and showerheads. Below are some cleaning tricks for bathroom faucets and showerheads.
The small brush will allow you to clean harder-to-reach spaces to remove the limescale.
- Prepare a 1:1 ratio of CLR and warm water.
- Dip your brush into the solution & clean the area.
- Let the solution soak for a few mins (2-3 mins) in areas with harder stains.
- Clean the desired area with the brush and rinse with water.
Bathroom Hacks For Bathroom Baseboard
Don’t forget those low areas in your bathroom. Dust can accumulate over time and the presence of moisture can create a favorable humid environment for mold to grow.
Use scented dryer sheets for baseboards.
This is a quick way to remove dust particles and the scented sheets give the bathroom a pleasant smell.
- Simply use the dryer sheet to wipe the baseboard and you are all set!
If you are experiencing mold, this cleaning solution is great for targeting such issues.
It can also be used in other areas of your home with mold & mildew present.
- Spray the solution in the area with mold & mildew.
- Let the solution sit for 3-4 minutes.
- Wipe the area with a disposable paper towel.
Toilet Cleaning Hacks
Ahhh-the dreaded toilet. The least favorite to clean, but surprisingly not the dirtiest fixture in your bathroom.
Some toilet seats are easily removable.
- Completely remove your toilet seat for an efficient clean.
- Spray a disinfectant onto the surfaces and let it sit for at least 15 minutes before proceeding.
- You can make your own disinfectant by mixing 4fl oz of rubbing alcohol, 6fl oz of warm water, and half a lemon.
- Make sure to cover every inch of your toilet with the disinfectant of choice.
Use biodegradable disposable toilet brushes.
Toilet brushes need to be cleaned and air-dried after use. To remove cleaning that item off your list, simply make use of a disposable brush.
Use your favorite laundry & home sanitizer to clean your toilet.
It will not only sanitize your toilet but leave it smelling amazing.
- Dilute one scoop of OxiClean laundry Sanitizer in water.
- With the use of a microfiber cloth and your mixed solution, wipe all surfaces of your toilet.
- Your toilet will be left odor-free and sanitized!
Glass Shower Doors
Soap scum and water stains can appear on your shower doors. Sometimes, it can be hard to rid of. Bathroom cleaning hacks with vinegar are useful, but the smell can be off-putting to some. Find out what you can replace vinegar with below.
You will need lemon and a spray bottle.
- Squeeze some lemon juice into a spray bottle and mix it with some warm water.
- Spray the solution on your shower doors and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
- The lemon scent will not only clean the glass door but will leave your bathroom smelling fresh.
This is not one of the diy bathroom cleaning hacks, but it works wonders.
- Spray Rain-X solution all over your glass shower door.
- Submerge a microfiber cloth in a solution of water and dish detergent and wipe the glass.
- Rinse with warm water and use a dry microfiber cloth or let air dry.
Floors can easily accumulate dirt. Elements from outside brought into spaces, such as the bathroom can quickly deteriorate the appearance of bathroom floors.
Stains on tiled floors are easily more noticeable than on wooded floors. Here are some useful bathroom floor cleaning hacks.
Use a dispensing brush and add a multi-surface cleaner to easily clean the space between your tiles.
This brush can also be used for bathroom spaces that might need a focused cleaning.
- Add the cleaning solution to your dispensing brush.
- Concentrate on scrubbing areas that are hard to reach.
- Voilà!!, Clean and sparkling floors.
Invest in a Steam mop and your floors will thank you.
- Spray your floors with a disinfectant.
- Follow with a steam mop for a thorough clean.